Engineering & Design ManagerA fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and dedicated Engineering & Design Manager to work for a global, well-established Water Technology...
Engineering Shift Manager (FMCG)
£43,300 per annum + benefits
Days 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts
You will report to the Factory Engineering Manager, working closely with the production and engineering staff and management to ensure maintenance is planned and executed, managing breakdowns and remedial works across the plant. You must be flexible in your approach to work, be pro-active and enthusiastic with the ability to achieve demanding targets in a demanding role. Working in a similar role within the FMCG environment would be very advantageous, and experience of a fast passed production environment is essential.
- Working with engineering and production management to ensure adherence to production plans.
- Ensuring breakdowns and maintenance are carried out in an efficient and timely manner
- Monitoring and improving KPI's daily and by period
- Monitoring improving and addressing individual and team performance
- Ensuring the implementation of existing planned improvements and developing further improvements through the use of modern manufacturing improvement techniques
- Responsible for the control of all engineering resources and materials to ensure they are used to best effect
Skill & Qualifications:
- Time served Apprenticeship Electrical biased or Multi Skilled Engineer
- Qualified to BTEC HNC level or equivalent
- Experience of managing a team of Engineers in an FMCG environment (ideally food and drinks)
- Experience of using SAP would be an advantage
- Food Safety knowledge and HACCP exposure
- Self-motivated with a "Can do" attitude
- Ability to motivate staff at all levels
- Experience of Continuous improvement including staff training and engineering upgrades.
- Health and Safety qualification IOSH / NEBOSH (desirable)
- Ability to maintain audit ready standards across the plant and able to communicate with external auditing bodies.
What you will get in return...
- Bank Holidays Off
- Training opportunities
- Clear career progression
- Health Cover
- 23 days holiday - increases with length of service
- Company day at Christmas (extra days holiday)
- Opportunities for overtime
- Sick pay (based on length of service)
- Pension contribution scheme
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.