This is an opportunity to join one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the...
This is an opportunity to join one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally.
They are currently recruiting for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer on an initial contract basis, with building maintenance experience to join their hard services team at a large Health Care Facility in the Liverpool area. The role requires an electrical bias, however, the successful candidate will be expected to work flexibly across trades to carry out the required maintenance for the site.
- Provide a reactive and pro-active maintenance service as per project requirements to all operational equipment.
- Provide a multi-skilled maintenance service, which includes but not limited to electrical disciplines.
- Carry out modifications and installations when required.
- Liaise with contractors or external suppliers where required and clearly communicate technical issues.
- Ensure that work is carried out to a high standard and in line with current company (and Trust/Hospital where applicable) policies and procedures.
- Provide a service that ensures all equipment is running to optimum performance.
- Provide a service that ensures all key performance indicators are met.
- Maximise availability of all equipment through continuous improvement.
- Take on authorised person duties as required.
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance.
- Take ownership of tools and equipment provided and ensure maintained to an appropriate standard, reporting any defects immediately.
- Take responsibility for HV and LV systems.
- Provide technical support/input to projects and initiatives.
- Continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Responsible for ensuring own work and work of those under supervision is completed in a safe and diligent manner to ensure regular feedback on issues arising before, during and following activities that are carried out.
- Maintain equipment supported by sound diagnostic and problem solving skills, raising issues as required to the shift supervisor on a timely basis.
- Maintain, repair, and calibrate mechanical and instrumentation plant to optimise both reliability and maintainability.
- Complete any required paperwork, produce reports accurately and on a timely basis.
- Complete training and development activities as required in order to remain competent in role.
- Complete other duties as required and directed by the shift Maintenance Supervisor or members of the Management Team.
- Flexibility in work hours to provide cover if required for holidays and sickness absence.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 17th Edition (Industrial/commercial experience)
- Appropriate up to date training to make use of relevant equipment/tools.
- Up to date knowledge of technical regulations applicable to core craft and how this applies to role.
- Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and its application within role.
- Fault diagnosis and resolution.
- Experience in installing and maintaining mechanical and/or plumbing equipment.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions (where able to do so).
- Ability to communicate effectively both in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to use effectively any ICT equipment provided.
- Ability to complete work as instructed.
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Pro-active and positive approach to work.
- NVQ Level 3 qualification in Engineering Maintenance (multi-discipline).
- Experience and capability to provide maintenance service in both mechanical and plumbing disciplines.
- Knowledge of NHS Estates and/or PFI.
- Test and inspection qualification.
- Positive team player with the ability to work alone using own initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to simplify complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to provide a variety of solutions to problems that arise.
- Flexible working approach with confidence and ability to respond quickly to many different situations that can arise.
- Ability to keep calm and work well under varying pressures.
- Willingness and motivation to develop and learn within role.
- Customer-oriented and a good understanding of the requirements of the project and financial implications of actions.
- Ability to work effectively in occasional unpleasant working conditions.
- Ability to complete manual handling tasks as required and/or make effective use of equipment and tools provided.
This is initially a temporary contract role with an opportunity for the position to become permanent. It would suit individuals based in or commutable to the Liverpool area and available for an immediate start.
Carbon60 is a specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies.Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.