Handyman / Skilled Labourer CSCSHatfield AL10 8XF Contract Position 16+ Weeks The company is a UK leading organisation specialising in mechanical and electrical installation projects....
An opportunity has opened for an experienced Commercial Manager to join a truly global name in Facilities Management at their corporate office in Manchester.
To manage and minimise all aspects of risk across the Division and provide advice and support in contractual, business and legal matters to avert commercial risk. A role model in risk mitigation, will lead the organisation in risk reduction activities and maintain an ALARP (as low as reasonably possible) position longer term. National role, including all new business activity and approximately 350 existing customer agreements, managing both procurement, surveying and estimating teams.
Accountabilities within the role:
- Instigate and/or manage all legal proceedings working closely with external legal advisors where necessary and monitoring them to a conclusion.
- Provide proactive business and commercial advice and support for service development opportunities, major projects and key organisational initiatives that ensure that sound commercial decisions are taken and financial risks are understood.
- Lead the supply chain and estimating function to ensure that the function delivers commercial value and meets the need of the operational management groups.
- Provide advice and deploy plan to ensure employees have a sound understanding of commercial procedure, processes and strategies for the service and project activities undertaken within the Division.
- Plan and deploy risk mitigation strategies throughout the business including integration with business unit managers and other commercial units.
- Plan, implement, and overseeing the risk management procedure through a process of analysis and commercial/operational contract reviews on a regular basis in conjunction with the finance team and operational managers.
- Ensuring that the reviewing of contracts and attendant documentation and liaison with clients and their lawyers is carried out to ensure that all risks are identified and avoided. This includes where necessary the review of tender documents and identifying the need for bonds, warranties, and guarantees in accordance with Company policy.
- Advise on legal requirements flowing out of all contractual documentation both internal and external including the drafting of contract conditions where required and liaise with both the bid process and operational/procurement requirements.
- Review and continuously improve risk assessment procedures, processes and strategies in terms of risk potential and consequential severity.
- Review/develop and continuously improve commercial risk management procedures, processes and strategies with respect to people, assets, contracts, environment, consequential loss and reputation.
- Develop and track monthly benchmarking data & KPI's for high level risk across the Division.
- Provide monthly business risk analysis of all contracts.
- Establish business relationships with legal (external), finance and procurement functions within each BU.
- Protect the "brand" through the application of professional commercial practice and principles
- Liaising with clients to advise on commercial improvements to the benefit of the contract operation.
- RICS qualified/ Law degree or similar qualifications.
- High level of experience in DRP and Contentious (avoidance) work.
- Highly experienced in budgeting, forecasting and planning.
- A high level of understanding about the key financial drives of a Services and projects business
- Experience in preparing and negotiating the legal and commercial aspects of sizeable Services and project contracts
- A thorough understanding of the principles of risk management
- Strong analysis and report writing skills demonstrating attention to detail
- Proven experience in negotiating complex deals with third party suppliers and managing a procurement team.
- Proven ability to contribute to the development of long term business plans and commercial strategy for services contracts and projects.
- Proven ability to see possible risks and issues in customers business by using the right analysis tools and can successfully engage others in its solutions
Carbon60 is a specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies.
Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.