The supervisor shall carry out a varied range of duties across a busy Healthcare establishment. The supervisor will have a good working knowledge of Health...
This is an opportunity to work for one of world's largest multi-national businesses, with an unrivalled reputation in providing Facilities Management Services to a range of blue chip organisations.
They are currently looking for an experienced maintenance fitter to join their 'hard services' team on a major Health Service establishment in the South Manchester area. The role will involve carrying out a varied range of duties across two busy sites, closely located.
The ideal individual will:
- Have a Mechanical Craftsman or ex forces/merchant navy background.
- Ideally have previous experience in a healthcare environment.
- Time-served Mechanical qualifications i.e. NVQ/C&G in heating ventilation.
- Experience working on Air Handling Units, BeMS, Medical Gas Piped Systems, Pressure Systems and Screwed pipework.
- Experience working on general planned preventative maintenance programs.
Duties and Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Day to day responsibility for responding to issued dockets and for correctly filling in such dockets prior to hand in. Undertaking installation work and repair as required, acting as the competent person mechanical under the mechanical permit system.
- Work to health and safety requirements.
- Undertake all necessary repairs and PPM's of a statutory and non statutory nature and advise the supervisor / chargehand on remedial action required.
- Conduct fault finding diagnostics on various mechanical and BMS within a healthcare environment where required and pass on such knowledge to others.
- Have an understanding of electrical, plumbing and building energy management systems in a healthcare environment.
- Working on new systems and undertake training on new techniques and legislation as required and pass on knowledge to others.
- Use of all relevant tools and equipment within their specific field.
- Using access equipment for working at heights.
- Working alone while achieving high standards of workmanship.
- Driving the company vehicle from time to time as directed by the supervisor / chargehand.
- Undertaking all additional duties and responsibilities as instructed by senior management and may be required to work on other company contracts as directed by his manager.
- Having a fundamental working knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Responding to issued breakdown repair work in priority order ensuring response times are met.
- Participating in the 15-minute response system.
- Participating in the ON CALL roster.
If the above role is the kind of opportunity you are looking for please forward your CV to Carbon60, Manchester. Carbon60 is a specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies.Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.