Project Manager for execution and delivery of Engineering Projects to work for a leading Aerospace company situated in Gloucester.You will be educated to degree level...
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer to join the engineering operation at an organisation who pride themselves in manufacturing excellence, on a range of innovative products used on a global basis.
The position is available for an immediate start on a 6 month contract basis.
The role of the Mechanical Project Engineer is:
- Act as lead Project Engineer responsible for delivering portfolio of projects safely, on time and in budget.
- Define the engineering solution including producing a detailed scope of work
- Prepare the overall project cost estimate & schedule
- Responsible for detail design, ensure/facilitate multi-discipline designers and engineers in development of full and approved detail
- Support project manager in development of the project programme and monitor progress vs programme to completion
- Expedite commissioning plans via T&E and ensure they are publicised via shutdown programmes and/or project
- Support project manager in recording the "Management of Change"
- Representation as a client project engineer at Process Risk Assessments (PRA's).
- Delivery of project to achieve "Right First Time" measure
- Deliver a fit for purpose design package to required standards and regulations (e.g. ATEX, PED, etc) including specifications for Plant & equipment
- Deliver a mechanical design that incorporates the inherent safer design approach ERICPD, Eliminate, Reduce, Isolate, Control, PPE and Discipline.
- Evaluate the Project changes and impact considering the PEME, People, Equipment, Materials and Environment
- Co-ordinate the design process and team including input from Customer, Operations, Sub- contractors, Suppliers etc
- Ensure appropriate levels of design assessment and constructability review are undertaken to meet CDM requirements
- Procure P&E in line with specifications & the project procurement strategy. Including the review & technical approval of purchasing requisitions, supplier documentation (e.g. drawings) and validation of the equipment.
- Define and support commissioning/testing requirements with input from Operations
- Support the construction phase ensuring applicable technical queries are properly resolved and managed
- Record and controlling scope changes & seeking appropriate approvals
- Monitor & control cost on behalf of the Project Manager
- Monitor & reporting progress against the schedule
- Manage project documentation and records
- Comply with the project execution plan and strategy
- Perform level 3 safety audits of term contractors
- Responsible for project handovers to client and completion of reservations
- Lead the development of training packages and procedures for maintenance staff for new installed equipment.
- Review critical spare requirements during project execution and manage initial store inventory.
- Initiate and document project closure.
Carbon60 is a specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies.
Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.