Maintenance Electrician required for one of the UK's leading names in Facilities Management, Construction and Industrial Support Services. The role is a mobile position mainly...
Maintenance Electrician required for one of the UK's leading names in Facilities Management, Construction and Industrial Support Services. The role is a mobile position mainly based in Newcastle but with a requirement to cover another locations North of Newcastle .
The role will involve a variety of pre-planned and reactive maintenance duties on occupied commercial office and Labratory facilities.
- Maintain and repair of the complete range of electrical engineering services. This will include for example the following: electrical power, internal lighting, nurse call systems, communication systems, plant and other alarms, fire alarm systems, emergency lighting, UPS units, electrical distribution systems, street and external lighting, motors and control equipment, portable equipment, catering equipment and fixed plant.
- To undertake correctly and to a high standard the work associated with an inspection and testing programme both for fixed and mobile/portable equipment, ensuring compliance with the latest edition of the wiring regulations BS7671. Requesting remedial works or emergency isolations as and when required.
- Issue the appropriate completion certificates.
- Undertake work associated with Fire Alarms.
- Undertake work on electrical systems in accordance with good practice and the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Undertake fault finding on complex Low Voltage (LV) networks, critical systems and equipment, liaise with Engineering Supervisor regarding plant or equipment failure and to request the supply of goods and services as necessary.
You will ideally have your 17th Edition and previous experience in a Maintenance role on Commercial premises. The role is a contract position with an expected duration of 4 weeks minimum and an immediate start. It would suit individuals based in or commutable to the Newcastle area, with access to thier own Transport.
We are Carbon60. A specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies. Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.