Engineering Systems Support Officer Summary:To increase Engineering effectiveness by supporting, improving, standardising, and documenting business systems and processes. To support plant based Engineers in the...
Engineering Systems Support Officer
To increase Engineering effectiveness by supporting, improving, standardising, and documenting business systems and processes. To support plant based Engineers in the management of their systems, documentation, and compliance
To improve, exploit and provide support in the Engineering IT systems available.
To provide data collation and facilitation for Risk Based Inspection, Ageing Plant Studies and Sustenance Reviews.
- Maintain, improve & standardise the static data within SAP, ensuring consistency of use throughout the engineering process.
- Ownership & collation of the Weekly/Monthly Measures of Performance (MoPs) data to drive improved performance & standards within Engineering.
- Sustain, exploit, improve & support as appropriate the Engineering Information Systems including electronic, paper and processes. Working with all functions to understand what engineering data, and documents our engineering processes require and ensure they are easily/ intuitively accessible and secure
- Working with Engineers, develop and maintain Routine Maintenance (RM) documents, Job Method Sheets (JMS) and other plant engineering related documentation in order to capture corporate knowledge and standardise processes. Ensure adherence through effective measurement/MoPs.
- Provide data collation and facilitation for Risk Based Inspection & Ageing Plant Studies and Sustenance Reviews, using a varied range of data sources (Aprotec/Prime-Serve/PI Sheets/ SAP-PM). Ensure that reports from these are issued in a timely manner.
- To provide support in annual maintenance outages for tasks related to valves, liaising between the plant and the valve providers and using the data from the valve providers to predict future lifespan/maintenance schedules.
- To provide data relating to Energy/Emissions tracking to the relevant internal and external auditing bodies. Participating and preparing for audits of this data to the regulators.
- Support the Group Leaders in driving HSE and Quality Compliance for the area, ensuring that the right data is being measured, tracking actions and updating data to maintain control.
- Provide support and facilitation in the Lean & Operational Excellence tools for the Engineering Group - Business Process Mapping, Fishbones, A3s, Root Cause Analysis, Role Profiling, Standard Work & 5S to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide support in the generation of meaningful reports for financial analysis of maintenance budgets / spend. P
- A strong level of knowledge and experience in an Engineering environment
- A good level of knowledge of IT tools used in Engineering, in particular SAP knowledge would be advantageous
- A good level of knowledge of Microsoft Office tools - In particular; Advanced Excel functions, MS Word & MS SharePoint
- Ability to read & comprehend Engineering Line Diagrams and Documentation
- Problem Solving Techniques (RCA, Fishbones, 5 Why's) and how/when to use them
- Operational Excellence/Lean Techniques - 5S, Standard Work, A3's
- Compliance and Quality procedures, methods and audits
- Prioritisation & Workload Planning
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Clear and effective communication
- Engagement and Influencing skills
- Conceptual thinking & Innovation
- Confidence in Training & Coaching others
- Willing to take ownership and share knowledge/experience
- Data Collation & Accuracy with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience in Engineering activities and Compliance.
- Ability to learn new Engineering IT skills
- Experience in Continuous Improvement Tools and Techniques
Critical success factors & key challenges:
- Identifying and delivering practical solutions to real problems, with a focus on the customer
- Ownership of issues, and the implementation of robust processes/solutions to resolve, with an emphasis on 'keeping it simple'
- Tenacity, to keep progressing even in difficult situations
- Ability to embrace change/new thinking and work effectively with a certain level of ambiguity.
- A passion for exploiting the latent capabilities of our people and systems, seeking out and replicating examples of best practise
- Effective communication skills and the ability to influence and drive engagement in the engineering/manufacturing community
- Ensuring that the Engineering and Information Systems strategies are integrated and mutually supporting
- Confidence in facilitating meetings with cross functional attendees/subject matter experts
- Flexible in approach and ability to work with people at all levels of the business in a professional manner.
This role is part office based and part plant based (with potential for open staircases, heights etc.) and will require a certain degree of physical fitness. The employee may be required to participate in a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check in order to fulfil their duties with regard to reporting on energy/emissions data.
Carbon60 is a specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies. Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.