This is an opportunity to join one of the UK's largest names in Construction, Support Services and FM operations. The role will involve managing the hard services FM portfolio on two government department buildings in Sheffield and Darlington. The role is initially a temporary role with a real opportunity for permanent employment.
Reporting to the Operations Manager your role is to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of all contracted and additional services, as required, for the geographic portfolio of the sites assigned to you. You will be required to complete and pass a BPSS check prior to starting the role and obtain and maintain SC clearance for the duration of your employment.
Facilities and Property Management
- To deliver a professional service / image whilst representing the companu at all times in the workplace.
- Managing the hard facilities in multi-site environments with full budget and P&L accountability.
- Management of strategic, planned, reactive, preventative and emergency maintenance activities.
- Overseeing new build and refurbishment projects from design and planning through to 'hand-over'.
- Utilisation of management systems (CAFM) information to drive performance and enhance the customer experience.
- Contribute in the negotiation processes with contractors, suppliers and strategic partners.
- Analysed and deployed available resources in order to maximise efficiency and minimise costs.
- Frequently collate, disseminate and cascade information by traditional and new media.
- Analyse and assess third party suppliers against agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Provide regular management information to the senior management team when requested.
- Periodically review and test the business continuity plan and disaster recovery plan for the areas to which you are responsible for.
- Establish and develop effective business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Manage and negotiate with stakeholders and strategic partners.
- Support recruitment life-cycle from succession planning to selection and induction as required.
- Managing all HR processes including performance counselling, discipline and grievance in accordance with company HR policies and procedures.
Environmental & Quality Management
- Managing the services in strict accordance with the corporate QSHE Policy directives to ensure a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly working environment for all employees.
- Integrate environmental and sustainability issues into policies, rules, services and operations.
- Utilising modern methodologies to improve efficiency, productivity and quality.
- Review working practices to identify potential improvements in systems and processes.
What we are looking for:
- A proven track record in multi-site management.
- Experience of managing FM services within strict financial controls.
- Experience of managing large numbers of employees in a dispersed geographical location.
- Experience of working in a busy and challenging workplace / work environment.
- An innovative approach and sound leadership qualities.
- A professionally recognised H&S qualification - IOSH.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to utilise numerous IT packages (e.g. Word, E-Mail & Excel).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A professionally recognised FM qualification (e.g. BIFM).
- A professionally recognised H&S qualification (e.g. NEBOSH)
This is open for an immediate start and would suit individuals commutable to Sheffield or Darlington.
We are Carbon60. A specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies. Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.