ob SummaryOur client, a leading global services company has a contract requirement for -Job title : Lead Buyer/PlannerDuration: June 2018 possible longerResponsible to : Materials...
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced HSE Risk Assessor to join the engineering operation at an organisation, who pride themselves in manufacturing excellence on a range of innovative products used on a global basis.The position is available for an immediate start on a 12 month contract basis.
To develop and Manage robust risk assessment methodologies and update processes.
To ensure legislative and corporate needs are fulfilled by the risk assessment process
To provide expert advice, training and validation for risk assessment (including identification of training needs).
Main accountabilities of the role:
- Provide site direction for updating risk assessments to comply with legislation and ensure a system exists for delivering all risk assessments
- Act as the responsible person to ensure the systems and resources and expertise are present to provide an adequate major accident risk assessment service to UK manufacturing
- Ensure full and up to date records for process risk assessments and that these are in the form required for internal and external purposes
- Act as intelligent purchaser for risk assessment activities where projects may need extra resource
- Maintain a capability base so that all forms of risk assessment can be intelligently applied (eg Human factors, societal risk, consequence modelling)
- Maintain key internal and external contacts so that the works maintains its corporate knowledge on industry and HSE requirements for risk assessment.
- Contribute to the annual HSE Improvement Plan to ensure that relevant safety projects are given the appropriate priority. Routinely review progress of the plan.
- Keep abreast of current legislation, standards and requirements in order to provide foresight, guidance and advice on risk based issues.
Ideal knowledge skills & experience:
Has a good knowledge of organisation and manufacturing
Has a good understanding of COMAH and other relevant legislation (Societal risk, Human factors, occupied buildings).
Knows relevant legislation and corporate standards
Ability to interpret and translate legislative needs for the company
Able to interpret technical /hazard/operational data and apply the appropriate risk assessment methods and expertise
Able to deal with outside regulators effectively and be able to communicate well
Degree or equivalent in a technical area
Very experienced in the compliance area within the works
Experience in project management
In depth experience of works risk processes and, in particular, PRA either form a leader point of view or regular study contributor.
Carbon60 Ltd is a specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies.
Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.