We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Engineering Projects Manager to join the engineering operation at an organisation who pride themselves in manufacturing excellence,...
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Engineering Projects Manager to join the engineering operation at an organisation who pride themselves in manufacturing excellence, on a range of innovative products used on a global basis. It is the opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager, with a passion for leading Functional Engineering, Maintenance, delivery of projects and overhauls, to join the site leadership team at a major manufacturing/process facility in West Yorkshire
The role of the Project Manager/Change Engineer is to:
- Produce the project objectives and scope, ensuring the process/technical solution has been properly defined. Drive this though the sanctioning process ensuring Talisman is updated throughout the project lifecycle.
- Define the procurement strategy including vendor assessment requirements and levels of inspection/validation commensurate with associated risks.
- Produce the project execution strategy and quality plan.
- Identify, challenge and evaluate all reasonable alternatives to meet the business needs.
- From the optimum option, develop a project scope that will deliver the project objectives in line with financial, capacity and schedule expectations. Develop an `Invitation to Tender` document from output of Scope and fully support the Tender process through the Front Engineering Design and Definition stages.
- Work closely with chosen Engineering Procurement and Construction Management contractor to ensure FEED stage is delivered on time and in full.
- Establish safety, cost, quality and time objectives and monitor and control the project delivery to meet those targets, taking corrective action as necessary. Proactively support a project culture which demonstrates zero tolerance to incidents.
- Establish an Execution Strategy that complies with the Project Process and incorporates best practice techniques. Establish and lead the project team, coordinate their activities and acquire the necessary resources to implement the Execution Strategy. This will include several on and off site, internal and external functions and may require the use of external design organisation.
- Ensure that the HSE performance of the project meets expectations and the delivered asset is consistent with Global, Regional and local standards and procedures (e.g. PRA's and ensuring actions from these are complete).
- Ensure adherence to the capital approval process and an effective change control process.
- Report progress and key issues to project stakeholders and / or the Steering Team.
- Complete a review of the project, gather important learning points and share these within the organisation. Participate in SharePoint Discussion Boards where possible in order to gain ideas and offer assistance to others across the Syngenta engineering organisation.
- Co-ordinate the interface between the project and wider Syngenta organization.
- Actively co-ordinate the interface between design and construction to ensure safety, schedule and cost targets are achieved.
- Apply processes and methods to ensure the delivery of "best value" solutions. E.g. value engineering.
- Work with the Site Reliability Engineering team to establish optimum maintenance plans and spares requirements for the project, using tools and techniques such as FMECA analysis.
- Agree with the plants the requirements for Project Data and provide timely and accurate information.
- Co-ordinate the project handover and complete the project completion requirements including capitalisation.
- Consider and discuss with Change Manager, the options for most appropriate contract strategies in delivery of the project.
This is a contract role for a minimum 6 months, but likely to extend. Therefore, it would suit
individuals who are based around, or commutable, to the West Yorkshire area.
We are Carbon60. A specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical
people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic
businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost
Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM
and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.