This is an opportunity to work for one of world's largest multi-national businesses, with an unrivalled reputation in providing Facilities Management Services to a range...
This is an opportunity to work for one of world's largest multi-national businesses, with an unrivalled reputation in providing Facilities Management Services to a range of blue chip organisations.
They are currently looking for an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join their 'hard services' team on a major Health Service facility in the South Manchester area. The role will involve working on Air Handling Units, BeMS, Medical Gas Piped Systems, Pressure Systems to include steam and compressed air and general screwed pipework heating systems, amongst various general planned preventative tasks.
Other duties will involve:
- Providing Pre-planned maintenance services
- Reactive and breakdown duties
- Carrying out maintenance work on critical and non-critical plant
- Servicing and inspecting a range of fans, AHU's, refrigeration and other equipment
- Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant and install new plant and equipment when required.
- Be proactive in reporting faults to equipment, buildings and fittings ensuring all small works opportunities are identified and followed up.
- Providing Service Support as part of a team delivering Quality Service Delivery
- Flexibility in working hours, as site conditions dictate.
The ideal individual will have:
- Industry recognised training certificate - City and Guilds in Mechanical Maintenance or NVQ Level 3 in Heating Ventilation.
- Apprentice trained with recognised contractor or Ex-Forces trained or previous similar experience within a healthcare environment
- Able to use modern technology for receiving and updating work orders (Tablets / PDA's)
- Excellent written / oral communication skills
- Knowledge of plumbing and plant-room mechanics
The position is likely to be offered on a temp to perm basis for the right individual. This would be of specific interest to individuals who are looking for a long term career opportunity with an organisation with a proven track record of investing in training and development of their people.
Carbon60 Ltd is a specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies.
Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.