An opportunity has arisen for an experienced M&E Estimator to join on of the largest M&E Contractors in the UK. This role is based in...
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Estimator to work at a leading, well established M&E Contractor based in the Leeds area. You will be tasked with working on a variety of nationwide projects including Commercial, Retail, Student Accommodation and Care Homes amongst other
- Minimum 3 years of Estimating / Surveyor experience in the M&E Services industry.
- Able to maintain a professional relationship with customers and ensure they are kept satisfied with the company's services.
- Effective written & verbal communication skills.
- Prompt and accurate reporting to management team
- Excellent computer skills.
- Mechanical building services background
- Previously estimated for plumbing and pipework projects.
- Committed and driven individual.
- Knowledge working on "Estimation" software.
Role will involve:
- Preparing mechanical estimates
- Understanding clients' requirements and advising accordingly.
- Analysing drawings and other relevant documentation to prepare cost estimates for materials and labour.
- Procuring subcontractors and maintaining a portfolio of suitable suppliers.
- Analysing subcontractor quotations.
- Working towards deadlines for tender submissions.
- Produce value engineering solutions.
Demonstrable knowledge of the following:
- Review tender enquiry documents
- record, measure and take-off quantities from tender drawings
- Liaise with purchasing and negotiate with suppliers/sub-contractors
- Prepare Material and Sub-contractor analysis sheets
- Assist in the preparation of tender adjudication sheets
- Discuss and agree Tender adjustments with Senior Managers
- Assist, collate and prepare Tenders for submission or post tender response
Carbon60 is a specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies.
Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.