Contract Quantity Surveyor Leeds A leading Multi-National Main Contractor is looking to add an experienced Quantity Surveyor to be based in their regional Yorkshire office...
Contract Quantity Surveyor - Leeds
A leading Multi-National Main Contractor is looking to add an experienced Quantity Surveyor to be based in their regional Yorkshire office near Leeds.
A great opportunity to join a truly worldwide leader in Construction and Commercial real estate management.
This is a contract role (initially) working on projects right across the UK across a variety of sectors including; Education, Commercial, Offices, Residential, Healthcare and Industrial. Typical project values are up to £30m and include both new build and refurbishments.
If you are a contract QS, or in between other roles just now, and available for an immediate start, this could be the role for you.
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected at all times.
- Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to final account.
- Preparation and assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI's.
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that legislations are met.
- Have a degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Have a minimum of 3 years' experience working on fit out or construction projects with Main Contractors.
- Have experience managing your own projects or schemes.
- Have experience working on projects valued above £10m.
- Be commutable to the Leeds area
- Available for an immediate start
Carbon60 Ltd is a specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies.
Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.