Carbon60 Ltd urgently have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Process Engineer to join the engineering operation at an organisation who pride themselves in manufacturing...
Carbon60 Ltd urgently have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Process Engineer to join the engineering operation at an organisation who pride themselves in manufacturing excellence on a range of innovative products used on a global basis. This is a contract role for a minimum 10 month duration.
To define and improve manufacturing processes and plant for new and existing products, and to support projects and manufactures, to meet business targets.
- Ensure all work satisfies the requirements of company and national regulatory standards.
- Responsible for the development and design data for capital projects.
- Trains and coaches less experienced engineers in procedures or in a particular area of expertise.
- 1 - 3 month planning horizon on disparate activities (concurrent).
- Plan and control/carry out development and design work on capital projects
- Participate in the commissioning of new or modified plants, taking part in technical start-up teams, to ensure that design intent is met and production is established safely and effectively.
- Manage activities in compliance with site, company and regulatory requirements, e.g. SI's, HSE policy and standards, COMAH (Health and Safety Executive), PPC (SEPA) etc
- Process design including pressure relief assessment
- Process engineering input into hazard studies
- Planning and execution of commissioning activities
- Familiarity with standard office software suite such as MS Office
- Familiarity with & ability to use ABB PEL suite desirable
- Experience with pressure relief assessments - PSHEG8 desirable
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Must have BSc or MSc in Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Must be willing to apply for and achieve Chartership status.
- Working knowledge of relevant HSE legislation.
- A thorough and practical knowledge of Process Technology Skills.
- Communication - ability to judge when and who to communicate key information.
- Problem solving: ability to analyse complex and diverse problem situations creatively leading to the generation and implementation of original solutions.
- Approximately 3 years' experience working as a Process Engineer.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to break down problems, analyse data and produce solutions
- Innovation: Generating original and imaginative ideas and solutions to problems
- Ability to learn: Quickly understanding and applying information, concepts and strategies
- Interpersonal Skills: Accommodating the interests and concerns of others in effective working
- Independence: Taking decisions based on sound judgement from own analysis of complex situations
- Rational Persuasion: Building persuasive arguments based on data and logical thinking
- Results Orientation: Focusing attention on the achievement of desired results
- Critical Information Seeking: Gathering information critical to effective problem solving
- Initiative: Engaging in proactive behaviour, seizing opportunities
Carbon60 is a specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies.
Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.