Field Service Engineer CNC Machinery Halifax ,Leeds, Manchester & Wakefield Salary £30-£33k + overtime My client is seeking an experienced CNC Machinery Field Service Engineer...
Exciting opportunity for an experienced "Outage Planner" to join the engineering operation at a global organisation who pride themselves in manufacturing excellence, on a range of innovative products used on a global basis.
Provide planning expertise at HMC manufacturing centre, this expertise will require a high degree of flexibility to suit the manufacturing profile of the assets but will generally extend to:
- Annual outages
- Planned outage weeks (POW) & planned outage days (POD)
- Large maintenance tasks (supporting maintenance engineer)
- Infrastructure planning (specific role for 1 outage planner)
- Accountability for the provision of accurate, detailed, highly scheduled outage plans
- Task management of the planning "scheduler" (if utilised)
- Development & drive use of outage related job method sheets (JMS)
- Ensure provision of accurate data downloaded onto plan
- Ensure provision of accurate outage resource profile within capacity planning.
- Ensure provision of outage cost estimates
- Task manage planning support technical officer as required
- Ensure outage planning systems are reviewed & developed to ensure they fit business needs at the time.
Role Expectations & Challenges
- Creation of timely, trusted, validated & highly accurate outage plans including cleanout/execution & start up tasks, this will require engagement with task controllers, CPTs, & asset managers
- Creation of accurate JMS documentation for those tasks identified on outage work list
- Annual review of data for download into each outage plan (ESAP task lists & work order operation review) ensuring accurate operation descriptions, men x duration (applying "norms" if required).
- Annual review of cleanout steps associated with outage plans ensuring that cleanout "directory" is a true reflection of actual cleanout steps & durations.
- Provision of accurate outage resource profile ensuring this is reflected within capacity planning (in line with deadlines set by capacity planner)
- Creation of accurate outage cost estimate x1 "early filter" estimate & x1 detailed estimate (to be provided in line with deadlines set by outage manager).
- Provide rolling/updated "3 day" plan during 3 key stages of outage (cleanout/execution/start up) ensuring that all extra work, delays, daily progress is updated.
- Daily monitoring of outage plan & provide data to reflect progress to date, highlighting slippage to outage manager
- Engagement in post outage review to highlight & take action on outage improvements year on year
- Knowledge, experience & capabilities
Desired knowledge & experience
- Broad multi skilled engineering knowledge
- ESAP transactions (especially those relating to planning)
- Planning systems
- Planning business processes (BPM)
- Chemical plant systems & processes
- Work on or associated with engineering tasks on complex chemical plant (3 years)
- Creation of work plans (2 years)
- Work on complex multi task outages/projects (2 years)
- Use & exploitation of ESAP - especially those relating to planning (2 years)
- Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- MS project (to intermediate level as a minimum).
- High level of broad based IT skills & knowledge (ESAP, MS excel, word etc.).
- Attention to detail & concern for data accuracy.
- Team working to engage others in development of accurate outage plans.
- Ability to think & act under pressure (especially during outage execution phase).
- Ability to quickly learn & apply new skills in an ever evolving planning environment.
- Mobility is important in this role as there is a requirement to get out & about on plant to gather data for accurate planning (you cannot truly plan from a desk).
- Being a good team player is essential as successful outage planning is dependent on a high degree of team working.
We are Carbon60. A specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies. Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.