Quality ControllerCardiffContract We are actively seeking a Quality Controller for a healthcare company based in Cardiff on a contract basis. Required Qualifications:Attention to details, and...
A market leading Construction business are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a contract basis with an expected 12 month minimum duration. The position will involve working out of the clients regional office in West Yorkshire on a large £5m+ fit out project in the South of England
The role of Quantity Surveyor takes commercial responsibility for the contract performance for allocated works to maximise both turnover and profitability for the project
You will be responsible for a hi-spec fit out and refurb project on a large commercial facility While not essential, fitout experience in a fast paced framework environment would be advantageous.
This is an opportunity to join a well-established main contractor business, who operate with a portfolio of global blue chip clients.
- To provide commercial advice on financial issues associated with the delivery of projects from pitch to completion.
- To take commercial responsibility for contract performance to maximise both turnover and profitability
- To report on a monthly basis via CVR's or on an ad hoc basis depending on the clients requirements.
- To adhere to a robust commercial process ensuring that the client obtains continued high quality and value for money.
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected at all times.
- Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to final account.
- Preparation and assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that legislations are met.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a degree in Quantity Surveying
- Have previous experience working in a similar role (preferably with fit out experience)
- Hold a full UK driver's licence
- Hold a CSCS card
Carbon60 is a specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies. Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
This is an immediate start for the right candidate. If you are interested in this role please apply directly to this ad with an up to date copy of your CV.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.