I am currently recruiting for a proven Construction Director with EPC experience in utility scale solar projects for a position in Greece to join my Client's construction management team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and overseeing the construction of solar generation projects to ensure the fulfilment of project requirements in terms of OHSE, schedule, cost, and quality, with subcontractors.
Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Undertake the complete ownership of the task reporting to the Project Director.
- Work closely with the Project Director, the site Engineers, the design & engineering team, the legal team and the finance team, as well as externally with the subcontractors, equipment Suppliers and clients/developers to ensure on schedule completion and compliance with the company's quality standards.
- Lead the recruitment needs for each project site personnel in cooperation with Human Resources department.
- Supervise construction works.
- Supervise and support project teams on construction issues.
- Discusses, explain, and analyses construction drawings and method statements with project teams.
- Ensures QA/QC procedures are followed.
- Ensures HSE procedures are followed.
- Reviews projects' time schedule and flags possible delays and risks and propose ways to mitigate the risks.
- Resolves day to day construction issues with the technical department.
- Defines and discusses subcontractors' scope in cooperation with technical department.
- Oversees site set up.
- Ensures construction permits are in place prior to works commencement.
- Liaises with technical development to resolve technical issues from projects proactively.
- Acts as the main point of contact between sites and the technical department with the support of the Technical Manager.
- Manages construction resources allocation between simultaneous projects.
- Evaluates and assists on proper sub-contractor selection.
- Prepares subcontractor contracts in cooperation with the Project Director, the legal and the technical departments.
- Coaches and supports construction team.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- 5+ years' experience in Construction Management in utility scale Solar plants, on EPC side
- Working knowledge of contracts (EPC & O&M)
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office and MS Project
- Excellent use of the English language both spoken and written
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines with team spirit attitude
- Detailed understanding of engineering and construction issues and processes
- Ability to think analytically, critically assess requirements, and select best approach to meeting construction objectives
- Must be legally entitled to work in the EU
With an excellent salary plus benefits on offer, a strong pipeline of work and great prospects this is an ideal time to join our prestigious Client.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search