GCU are a specialised contractor working in the Telecommunications sector in partnership with City Fibre, and they have a new HGV Fitter role based in Aberdeen.
As a HGV Fitter you will be reporting to the Transport Manager and will be responsible for the maintenance, inspection, repair and testing of the Company's plant equipment.Key Responsibilities:
- To maintain, inspect, repair all plant equipment and have working knowledge of fault diagnosis
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to DVSA inspection manual standards
- Prepare and present vehicles for 6 weekly inspections and annual MOT inspections
- To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required
- Experience of small plant repair would be advantageous e.g Whacker Plates, Mini diggers
You will need
- To be HGV trained, possess a HGV licence category C minimum
- Previous experience working in a relevant Fitter / Technician role.
- Knowledge of workshop health and safety practises is expected from applicants
- Have a good standard of verbal & written communication and have the ability to use computer systems.
On offer for the successful candidate is a competitive hourly rate and extensive hours, a split shift arrangement can also be considered.
Should this position be of interest, apply now to work with GCU on the City Fibre Network!
your application has been submitted
Back to job search