Job SummaryAn experienced engineer is required to join a team of GNC (Guidance, Navigation & Control) / AOCS (Altitude & Orbit Control Systems) Analysts to...
CNC Turner - Hyde - £14 - £15 per hour
Contracted Hours: Average 40 hours per week
Shifts: Permanent - Monday - Friday (Rotational shift) 06:00 - 14:00, 14:00 - 22:00
Due to expansion my client is currently seeking to recruit a CNC Turner to manufacture and machine tools within tight tolerance using precision measuring equipment.
As CNC Turner you will report to the Head of Operations with the responsibility of:
- Setting up, programming and operation of machines using appropriate speed/feeds and docs
- Machining of steel unless otherwise directed by Head of Operations
- Accurate measurement using precision measuring equipment
- Continually making attempts to improve productivity and work methods
- Working to COSHH regulations and being aware of risk assessments and work procedures
- Ensuring relevant documentation is complete
- Ensuring equipment is maintained in good working order and faults reported immediately
- Ensuring safety practices are carried out
- Keeping work areas tidy and free from obstacles
- Ensuring lifting equipment put away safely and kept tidy
- Undertake tasks as required by Head of Operations / General Manager
Skills and experience required for this position:
- Strong CNC Turning experience essential
- Experienced programming with Mazatrol control and Multi Axis machining advantageous
- Capable of reading engineering drawings
- Understanding of QHSE policies and guidelines
- Ability to work on own initiative, and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- Must be flexible in relation to working hours as business conditions dictate
This job offers a variety of work for the ideal candidate and the opportunity to expand on experience and job knowledge.
If interested please apply directly to this add or send a copy of CV
For further information on the role please call 0161 873 7000
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.