Experienced Supervisor with carpentry experience required for permanent supervisory role in a large commercial building in Ware HertfordshireMain duties:Supervision of a team of multi traders...
Carbon60 are recruiting for a Commercial Electrical Quality Supervisor to join a successful Electrical Installation and Maintenance company
The company operates in London and the rest of the UK and they are looking for someone to be based from their offices in Hitchin, Hertfordshire.
This is a permanent position that would require you to work with a diverse range of commercial clients carrying out complex installations.
- Conduct routine quality audits to ensure work is progressing per specifications.
- Performing various managerial duties such as ordering supplies, preparing reports, and maintaining an effective filing system.
- Support construction management in emergency repair and restoration of systems.
- Implement procedures to improve process efficiency and reduce project duration.
- Train and promote continued education for all onsite crew.
- Workmanship audits for both electrical installers and testing engineers.
- Direct team members to certain areas so everyone always knows what they are supposed to get done.
- Ensure work are accomplished according to industry/contract specification standards.
- Working closely with the electrical managers for ensuring an immaculate delivery of the electrical works across the business
- Provide technical guidance to the team on installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems
- Help with recruiting, training and improving the electrical personnel
- Fault finding and repair issues unable to be dealt with by the electricians
- Reporting directly to directors
- Ensuring that the results of inspection and testing are recorded correctly on the appropriate certificates or reports.
- Ensuring that the business' premises, equipment, documentation and records are available for inspection when required by NICEIC.
- Safeguarding all unused NICEIC forms of certification and reporting any loss, theft or misuse.
- The quality and compliance of electrical works
- Direct liasion with clients
- Working closely with Project Delivery and Pre-Contract Teams
- Closely involved with Estimators on design
- Ensure the electrical installation, fire alarms and emergency lighting certificates are completed
- Ensure test results are documented
Key skills & Competencies:
- Fully qualified electrician (2391 or equivalent is a must, 17th edition and Level 2/3 in Electrical Installations)
- At least 10 years' proven experience in commercial installations
- Minimum 6 years proven experience on testing electrical installations
- Knowledge of the principles and methods (e.g., sequences of installations, coordination with other trades, wire pulling, rating of equipment) used in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems and components
- UK driving licence
- Strong eye for technical specifics and potential trouble spots
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office packages-Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communicator
- ECS Card
- Pasma Preferred
- IPAF preferred
- Ability to practise personal safety, actively supporting a safe and hazard free working environment
Between £35,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
Company vehicle, laptop, mobile phone, travel expenses, pension contribution, up to 25 days annual leave.
If you would be interested in this position and would like to be considered for an interview, please contact Amber @ Carbon60 on 01329 227063.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.