Senior FPGA Engineer NewportPlease note: We can only consider candidates who are elligable for UKSV Security Clearance (SC) and have worked in a SC environment...
Hours: (Monday to Friday) 8.00am to 4:30pm
Salary: £40-45k per annum
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Cost Estimator to join a leading provider of specialised services to the oil and gas, marine and various other industries worldwide. Our client is an innovative and fast growing organisation that aims to be the supplier choice in every industry that they serve which includes nuclear, construction and defence industries to name a few. The overall job purpose is to support bid preparation and submission, provide detailed costing and component sourcing and build standard pricing models.
The Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with colleagues provide accurate costing of technical solutions and new products
- Ensure cost models are completed on time to support successful bid submissions
- Prepare quotations and draft technical proposal documents
- Maintain price files of common components from core suppliers
- Provide commercial document control and project cost plans for project handover via kick-off meetings with operations team
- Maintain costing templates and toolkit
- Develop clear understanding of principals of NEC3, FIDIC and CECA contracts, and ensure costing models reflect internal and contractual requirements
- Develop insight and understanding of both materials and monitoring department products and services to provide effective pricing and costing advice
What we are looking for:
- Technical/Engineering background
- Project experience
- Interest in: instrumentation, civil engineering, electronics/electrical competence, materials engineering
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Demonstrable financial and commercial acumen
- Ambitious and motivated
This job offers fantastic benefits, a great career progression within a fantastic organisation that has the employees best interests at heart.
For further information on the role please call 0161 873 7000 and ask for Arnold.
If interested please apply directly to this add.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.