Our client who is a building services, mechanical & electrical specialist company based in Southampton are looking to recruit a Trainee Project Manager. The key...
My client who are a leading Leisure Design and Build Specialist fit out and refurbishment contractor operating in the local authority, trust, education and private sector are looking to recruit an experienced Construction Project Manager.
CPM Experience Required
A strong background in Quantity Surveying and Contracts Management within the interiors/ fit out and construction industry.
Leisure centre experience or similar is advantageous.
Must have an outstanding track record of delivery within a business with similar performance rates in order to adapt in this fast paced environment; must be results orientated.
Proven ability in delivering multiple projects at one time. Excellent technical and practical knowledge of construction methods.
Responsible for managing all aspects of project delivery from early construction phases. This includes managing payment applications, procurement of sub-contractors whilst ensuring to build the company's exceptional construction standards and ensure customer satisfaction.
Achieving profit and actively managing target cost professionally on all projects.
Demonstrating capable commercial experience.
ROLE OF THE CPM
- To work on multiple projects with values of £100k to £5m
- Deliver projects on time to a high standard; must be within budget.
- You will be expected to work across the UK on a range of projects, attending site meetings and acting as the main point of contact between the company and the client.
- Role will require you to work out of the Chandlers Ford office.
- Main area of expertise lies within internal refurbishment and with small construction projects including commercial extensions to buildings
- If you are a quantity surveyor with a contracts background or a contract/Contract manager with a QS background this role would suit.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Be an organised & willing to go that extra mile.
- Carrying out projects with meticulous care.
- Must be flexible
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Smart, presentable & self-assured
- Confident telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise & logical with good attention to detail
- Be literate, numerate & have excellent IT skills; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and develop the role
- Sense of humour
The post holder will:
Contribute to the successful overall performance of the firm. Create and maintain effective partnerships/relationships with colleagues, clients and Supplier/ Subcons. Develop and support the culture of collaboration and commitment to delivering quality services and outcomes. Comply with the principles and standards set out by the firm.
Shared Core Functions:
Proactively and positively contribute to the achievement of deliverables through individual and team efforts. Build and sustain effective communications with other teams. Contribute to the development of a pro-active and modern firm that meets the needs of the service. Work productively within a complex and changing environment.
If you are a Project Manager with a strong background in Quantity Surveying and Contracts Management, have fit out and refurbishment experience and live within a reasonable commute to Southampton then this might be the role for you!
Please contact Amber at Carbon60 on 01329 227 063 if you are interested.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.