Senior Electrical Design Engineer
As a Senior Engineer in Electrical design, you'll work within an exciting, challenging, and growing area of the business, supporting and undertaking the development of design for Electrical Distribution projects.
Ideally based in Reading, Berkshire, or Glasgow/Perth in Scotland or within commutable distance from one of these sites. Most work will be done remotely for the time being but as restrictions lift there will be requirements to work from one of the offices as required.
- You will be providing design services and advice to our developing Electric Vehicles sector. You will be responsible for reviewing sites and equipment, providing feasibility assessments and operating as the technical lead for projects in development.
- You will develop HV and LV electrical distribution networks designs, complying with the relevant NERS design guidance, appropriate Network/Systems Operator design standards and industry legislation. You will complete this in an innovative, safe and commercially viable standard against agreed milestones.
- Experience of working in a design and development environment within the energy industry is ideal for this role
- Support others in their accountability to develop and deliver projects at a given time of up to £100m Total Contract Value
- Qualified Electrical Engineer - to HNC, degree or equivalent certification level
- Ideally Chartered/Incorporated Engineer
- Background in Electrical Design, with a broad technical knowledge and 5 years' minimum experience in a similar role
- Competent to operate within the NERS design submission and approval process
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK's largest M&E contractors within a new and growing part of their business. If you are based in the Berkshire area or Glasgow or Perth is Scotland and interested in a minimum 12-month contract, we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Patrick Jones
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted