We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Microsoft Dynamics AX (2009) Developer to start on a fixed 12 month contract immediately. Our client are...
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Microsoft Dynamics AX (2009) Developer to start on a fixed 12 month contract immediately. Our client are a first-tier supplier to many of the defense and aerospace sector's leading companies.
The successful candidate will be passionate about technology and software development and will provide expertise in the customisation, extension and enhancement of the Dynamics AX2009 platform. The role will be based out of North Wales or the South Coast of the UK and with the prime responsibility for supporting and developing our Microsoft AX2009 ERP system.
- Producing estimates and detailed designs for proposed solutions;
- Exploiting the Dynamics platform and utilising the inbuilt capabilities;
- Developing high quality solutions in X++, including the implementation and testing of changes and customisations;
- Strong functional knowledge of the system - including Financials, Trade & Logistics and Production;
- Configuring Dynamics AX environments for development, testing and production use;
- Release management and controlled deployment to LIVE, with code merging;
- Developing high quality reports using SQL Server Reporting Services;
- Participating in the full development lifecycle (requirements capture, architecture, design, implementation, test and deployment);
- Documentation - Functional and Technical specifications, test plans and change acceptance
It is essential that all candidates have the following Development, Testing & Deployment skills:
- 7+ years X++ development
- Writing/modifying - Classes, Jobs, Tables, Forms, Reports following Microsoft best practices white paper
- Deployment from DEV to TEST to LIVE - Source/version control
- Merging code
- Unit, Module, Integration, System & Regression testing
- Microsoft hotfixes
- Reverse engineering code
- Integration with other systems - odbc, flat file, Excel, data migration scripts
- Deployment techniques - .aod vs. .xpo
- Backup and restore - AX Application & SQL
Functional and Technical areas - AX2009 (5 Years) / AX2012
- Trade & Logistics
- Production & Shop Floor Control
- Projects & Advanced Projects
- Solution Centre (To-Increase) - workflows, document handling
The following are desirable but not essential
- .NET experience
- Enterprise Portal
- AIF experience
To apply for this excellent, fixed-term contract, please email your CV to Chrisitian.Brierley @ Carbon60global.com. Alternativley, you can call the office on 0161 873 7000 and ask for Christian for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.