Senior Development Engineer
The role is to identify, plan and execute all types of Network Connections through knowledge of engineering principles and the grid application process and regulations.
The successful candidate will utilise their skills, knowledge, and experience to drive a sector-leading knowhow of grid connection opportunities for connection that will allow the Distributed Generation ambitions for Solar, storage and other distributed generation assets to be realised
Ideally based in Reading, Berkshire or Glasgow or Perth in Scotland.
Knowledge & Experience:
- knowledge of drafting & administering contracts and technical specifications commercial terms from a design and engineering perspective.
- Understanding of statutory, regulatory & license requirements, safety and environmental legislation, industry wide codes, safety, network and engineering standards. Detailed understanding of the regulatory regime in the UK for DNO's, TSO's and other energy networks
- Successful Sourcing of Network Connections at Distribution and Transmission Grid connected sites
- At least one of:
- Energy storage technologies up to 400MW
- Solar projects up to 50 MW
- Data handling solutions for energy networks, e.g. smart energy systems, IoT
Technical skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in electrical energy networks or generation engineering
- Degree level qualification in electrical engineering
- Experience of power system modelling software (Amtech, DlgSILENT, CDEGS, ERACs). Able to undertake power systems modelling and analysis.
- Experience in LV/MV system design and equipment specification (switchgear, protection, transformers, cable, etc).
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK's largest M&E contractors within a new and growing part of their business. If you are based in the Berkshire area or Glasgow or Perth is Scotland and interested in a minimum 12-month contract, we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this position or for a confidential discussion, please contact Patrick Jones
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted