DevOps - Technical Lead
Carbon60 are recruiting a DevOps Technical Lead, covering Data and Analytics for one of the UK's biggest energy and domestic services suppliers.
In this Technical Lead role, you'll provide oversight, technical leadership, and direction to extended (internal and third party) Data and Analytics (DnA) Platform and Analytics Solution DevOps Teams from a best practice, quality assurance and governance perspective.
- Working with the Head of Delivery and chosen partners in an extended team of professionals
- Develop and implement CI/CD standards
- Responsibilities across the MS Azure platform and analytics solutions development
- Get involved in delivery methodology, quality assurance, governance and solutions design
- Work in partnership with 3rd party service providers to ensure code comes in on time
- Assist with projects within various areas of the business, including: Contracting, Rail, Telecoms and more
- Contribute directly to the build and deployment activities involved in establishing a new platform then work on a significant pipeline of future analytics projects
The ideal candidate:
- Extensive experience of agile development
- The ability to work on complex projects and manage third party resources
- Understand Azure analytics components including Data Lake, Power BI, MS Visual Studio, Data Factory, SQL DB/DW and SSIS
- Be fully conversant in agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts
- An expert in designing, building and operating MS Azure cloud infrastructure
- A track record of delivering high availability
- Working with cloud technologies and automation tools
- A knowledge of the following: VSTS, Jira, Git and other CI/CD tooling
- Experience of Apache/Spark would be an advantage
If you are an experienced DevOps professional who understands the pros and cons of big-data processing approaches and can communicate these concepts to non-technical stakeholders then please get in touch.
What you will get:
- Permanent contract
- Salary up to £85,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Flexible working patterns
- Company share plan
- Excellent pension package
- Generous holiday allowance (options to buy more)
For more information about this role, please call Carbon60 on: 02920 731187 or apply directly through this job advert and we will get back to you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.