Electrical Maintenance EngineerLocation: Weir, Lancashire40 hours a week (8.00-17.00 Mon-Thurs; 8:00-13.00 Friday) (Must be able to work on call out)We are looking for an experienced...
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Weir, Lancashire
40 hours a week (8.00-17.00 Mon-Thurs; 8:00-13.00 Friday) (Must be able to work on call out)
We are looking for an experienced engineer with the relevant electrical and engineering qualifications to assist in the maintenance, upgrade and replacement of equipment as and when needed. Our requirement is for someone with an electrical bias who is comfortable working with control systems, switchgear panels, motors, sensors etc but some hydraulic knowledge would be an advantage. The role will be of interest to individuals who have good communication skills, are methodical and meticulous in their work and like a challenge.
Role and responsibilities:
- To schedule and undertake periodic maintenance on all equipment, components, and installations so as to prevent production disruption.
- Provide quick response to equipment breakdowns and resolve issues in a timely and correct manner (occasional evening and weekend call-out emergency service).
- Installation of new electrical equipment and associated fittings.
- Recommend replacement for old or faulty electrical components or fittings.
- Assist in the forecasting requirements and creation of a budget for the engineering department.
- Make suggestions for continuous process improvement and energy cost reductions.
- Keep accurate records of work carried out and ensure the Quality Department is informed.
- Provide a safe working environment for members of staff and ensure electrically induced accidents are prevented.
- Learn new skills and attend training programs as necessary in other areas to increase knowledge and best working practices.
In return the company offers:
- A contributory pension scheme is available upon successful completion of a probationary period (Employee pays 5%, Company pay 4% (before 45) and 7% (after 45))
- Annual Holiday Entitlement - 24 days in addition to 8 statutory public holidays (holiday year Jan - Dec)
- 1 service day for each 5 years completed capped at 25 years
- Non-contractual bonus scheme if targets hit
- Sick Bonus - If no paid sick days are taken in the year (15th December to 14th December) a 10 day sick pay bonus will be paid (at the employee's rate of pay at the time the bonus is paid) with the final week's pay prior to Christmas after 1st year
- Healthshield plan
- Provision of uniform and PPE
- Baseline medical upon joining
Previous experience in a manufacturing/engineering similar role is essential.
If interested please apply directly to this add
For further information on the role please call 0161 873 7000
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.