IT Infrastructure EngineerOur client has established an Automation Centre of Excellence to execute the simplification and automation of their customer-facing and back office processes, this...
Fire Alarm Engineer
Carbon60 are recruiting a Fire Alarm Engineer, for one of the UK's biggest Facilities Management companies based at two high security sites in Aldermaston and Burghfield, Reading in Berkshire.
The role will be primarily installation of new alarm systems and upgrading existing infrastructure. The sites are very close to one another, so you will not be expected to travel for extended periods of time.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A HIGH SECURITY SITE AND WILL REQUIRE CLEARANCE - THIS WILL BE CARRIED OUT BY THE EMPLOYER. YOU MUST BE A UK CITIZEN AND BE ABLE TO PASS CLEARANCE.
- Installation of fire detection and alarm systems
- Undertake the relevant training and medical assessments (site specific)
- Advise manager of project progress
- Complete administrative duties in accordance with regulations
- Adhere to the site and company H&S rules and procedures
- Ensure the relevant engineering practices are followed
- Develop and maintain an excellent relationship with the client
The ideal candidate:
- City & Guilds 236 parts 1 & 2 electrical installation or equivalent
- Experience of installing containment and cabling for fire detection systems
- Knowledge of industrial environments
- An excellent understanding of fire standards BS 5839, BS 6266 and BS 7273
- Trained to FIA standards Units 1 and 4
- Qualified in Electrical Engineering (Degree/HNC) or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- A great team player who is approachable
- A driving licence is necessary for travel between the two local sites
If you are an experienced Installation Engineer with a background in Fire Alarm Systems who understands the requirements of a large industrial site and you are looking for a new challenge, please get in touch. This role is based in the Reading area.
What you will get:
- Salary up to £32,000 per annum
- Exceptional benefits package
- Permanent, full time contract
- Overtime may be available
For more information about this role, please call Carbon60 on: 02920 731187 or apply directly through this job advert and we will get back to you.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.