We have an exciting opportunity in Southampton for an experienced and qualified Specialist Engineer/Technician. The main purpose of the job is to provide specialist technical support and advice to the faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences department and its external customers. Other duties will include but not limited to:
- Supporting the department's education, research and/or enterprise activity. This will include designing, developing, and building specialist machines and equipment, developing solutions, techniques, and procedures as you go.
- Advise research staff and students on techniques and the use of materials in relation to University projects.
- Provide repair and fault-finding service including planned maintenance of equipment and devices, advising on future requirements, and ensuring H&S standards are adhered to and compiled with by staff and students.
- Oversee the budget of the work area, maintaining appropriate records.
- Attend internal and external meetings.
- Plan, organise and manage recruiting, training and developing your own technical team whilst supervising non-technical staff.
General Requirements and Qualifications:
- HND, Degree, NVQ4 or basic professional qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Experience in a relevant technical field.
- Ability to make effective use of standard and specialist computer systems.
- Project management experience.
- Experience of managing and developing staff.
- Ability to delegate effectively, building effective team working environment.
This is a great opportunity, exclusive with Carbon60 which won't be around for long. If you are an experienced Engineer looking for your next challenge and interested in the position, please apply for this position ASAP and contact Stan Davies at Carbon60 Fareham for a confidential chat.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted