Carbon60 are currently looking to recruit an Estimator for our client in Essex. As the Estimator you will be responsible for supporting the Sales Department in providing estimating support on projects in and around London, working on prestigious commercial office developments.
As the Estimator you will also be responsible for:
- Producing cost effective, accurate Tenders by the required deadline
- Prioritising estimates to ensure that important enquiries are dealt with more quickly and efficiently
- Complying with ISO audit system while preparing tenders
- To ensure pricing is specification compliant and that the scope of works, logistics, management requirements, etc are fully understood
- Manage the day to day commercial aspects of certain major projects, liaise with the project management and construction management teams to achieve the best possible commercial results.
- Check tender documents and confirm we have necessary details
- Attend pre-tender, mid-bid and post-tender meetings as required.
- Review contract documents.
- Working with the estimating manager to ensure tender bids are scheduled and returned in a timely manner
- Will be involved in developing estimates for large and complex projects, work alongside the pre-construction team to ensure that secured projects encapsulate all the latest project information prior to handover.
- Maintain and develop good professional relationships with Colleagues, Clients and Suppliers.
- Arranging, attending and leading handover meetings of Projects from Estimating to Production.
- Identifying risk and analysing Main Contract documents prior to sign off
- Ensuring Operation and Commercial teams are aware of the conditions of Contract.
Previous Experience and skills:
- Estimating experience in either: raised flooring, ceramic, joinery, resin, underfloor heating
- Main or Sub-contractor environments
- Fast paced environments
- Understanding of construction project management
- Excellent Communicator
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills: Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.