Carbon60 are looking for Groundworkers in Brockenhurst Daily duties will include;Finishing works, slabbing, kerbing and paving.The ability to perform physical manual labour.Good attitude, hardworking and...
Carbon60 are looking for a Trainee Estimator to help out with a range of different Projects for a Company based near Lymington
- Assisting with tenders & quotations for interior fit-out projects in Travel Retail, High Street Retail, Leisure, F&B and Commercial sectors of varying size and complexity.
- Dealing with tenders from receipt of enquiry, sending out enquiries to subcontractors, finalising tenders to submission under the direction of the Estimating Manager.
- Answering the office phone in a friendly and professional manner and directing calls as required.
- Receiving / signing for deliveries.
- Greeting and looking after clients / visitors.
- Typing up letters and updating documents and computer systems as required.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Self-motivated, pro-active and keen to develop their role within the business.
- Ability to interpret drawings from concept designs through to full working construction drawings.
- Ability to produce take-offs from drawings and prepare bill of quantities.
- Capable of working to strict deadlines.
- Completing tenders in a timely and professional manner.
- Good cost awareness.
- Methodical outlook.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills, with a sound ability to prioritise.
- Experience in reviewing quotations to ensure fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval.
- Ability to understand and highlight main points in contracts from clients to protect the company.
- Capable of being first point of contact to answer questions or queries from client, subcontractors or suppliers.
- Attend client meetings and assist with determination of project requirements.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team.
- Maintain regular, consistent and professional relationships at all times with the client(s).
- Assist the PM in the review of Contractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval.
- Must be willing to attend various training courses to for fulfill your role and continue with your personal and the company's development.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience in the construction industry (preferably Shopfitting and Interior fit-out).
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft Office particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience of AutoCAD (preferred but not essential).
- Familiarity with construction methods and the building codes.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Prepared to take initiative to resolve problems creatively and responsibly.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Valid UK Driving licence.
- You will need to attend certain site visits and meetings to assist with your role.
- The basic job role will be office based at the Company office near Lymington. You may be required to work extended hours from time to time however, this will be kept to a minimum and will be reviewed as required.
Salary & Benefits:
- £20,000 - £25,000 per year
- Holiday - 22 days per year increasing to 25 days (Based on length of service)
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5:30pm (overtime may be required to fulfill your role)
- Company Pension
- Free onsite parking
If you have previous experience in the construction industry, would be interested in progressing as an Estimator and live within reach of Lymington, please contact Amber @ Carbon60 on 01329 227063 for further information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.