I am currently recruiting for a proven finance & administration assistant, for a permanent / staff position in Bucharest, Romania. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced financial assistant to join my Client's financial team at a time of great opportunity and development. The role is ideally suited to someone who has the flexibility to travel to various locations in Romania as well as the occasional travel to offices further afield.
Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Manage office petty cash and bookkeeping
- Reconciling expenses for all staff
- Managing Sales and Purchase Ledger
- Reconciling invoices with bank statements
- Updating bank statements daily and report to local tax advisors and my Client's headquarters' finance department
- Ensure financial records are kept up to date and accurate
- Daily cooperation with local accountants, to provide them the information needed for reporting.
- Recording of invoices from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Reporting to head office and local tax advisors.
- To deal with the Finance Manager & CFO concerning execution of assigned duties and reporting.
- To supervise monthly / quarterly management accounts, projections, and other relevant reports.
- To deal with the company's bank in respect of payments and receipts, foreign currency rate and currency hedging negotiations
- To follow up Project's budget, in cooperation with my Client's Finance Department
- To keep up to date internal control files (spreadsheets etc.) and electronic archive
- To cooperate with my Client's Finance Team and external accountant for 12 month audit.
- To ensure the overall smooth running of my Client's internal administration and its cost-effectiveness
- To assist in the implementation of finance systems and controls, to ensure policies and procedures (including delegated authorities) are complied with.
- To ensure that appropriate policies are in place with regard to procurement and tendering processes to secure the best deals for my Client from service providers.
- To efficiently manage all external contracts, and to ensure that all of my Client's expenditure is correctly authorised and accounted for.
- To ensure that my Client's legal responsibilities are met, in particular that all necessary insurance policies are in place.
- To undertake general admin tasks under the directions of the Project and Finance Manager e.g. dealing with items of email, correspondence, telephone messages & enquiries and filing.
- To provide any other support, advice and timely information to the Project & Finance Manager as required (cashflow, P/L, outstanding balances, etc.).
- To report to Project and Finance Manager.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Bachelor in either Accounting, Finance or Business Administration* Excellent use of MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Email* Effective communication skills and team spirit* Analytical thinking and developed organizational skills* Strong sense of judgment* Communicative, pleasant personality* Fluent in English* Previous experience of at least 2 to 5 years in a similar role* Flexibility to travel in various locations within Romania, and my Client's headquarters in Europe, when needed.
With a competitve package on offer and great prospects this is an ideal time to join my prestigious Client.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search