Fire Systems Design Engineer
Carbon60 are recruiting a Fire Systems Design Engineer for one of the largest Facilities Management companies in the country. The work will be based at a high security site in Aldermaston, Reading.
Security checks will be carried out on the successful candidate.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE SITE YOU MUST BE A UK NATIONAL WHO HAS LIVED AND WORK IN THE UK FOR AT LEAST THE LAST 10 YEARS. ANYONE WHO CANNOT PROVE THIS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The main purpose of the job is to design, draw, price and provide proposals for Fire Detection and Alarm systems projects and small works at the AWE site.
- Report to the General Manager of Specialist Services
- Design of fire detection and alarm systems
- Drawing up extensions to the current system and new systems
- Liaise with the site commercial, technical and operational management teams
- Prepare and present client contract reports
- Maintain a technical library including documents of products and legislation
- Attend and participate in the monthly contract meeting
- Prepare project files (LPCB/BRE LPS1014)
- Working from design and certification, through to verification
The ideal candidate:
- Extensive experience in the design and modification of fire detection and alarm systems
- Hold at least an ONC/OND in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Proficient in the use of AutoCad software
- FIA Units 1, 2 and 3 or equivalent
- 18th Edition Electrical Certificate
- Knowledge of quality control, work planning etc.
- Able to design fire systems in line with BS5839 Part 1 and LPCB/BRE LPS1014 standards
- Willing and able to pass a high level security check
If you are an experienced and qualified Fire Systems Design Engineer with exposure to designing systems at large sites and you are looking for an opportunity in the Aldermaston area, please get in touch.
What you will get:
- Excellent salary package
- Permanent contract
- Good holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Other built in employment benefits
For more information about this role, please call Keeran Williams @ Carbon60 on: 02920 731187 or apply directly through this job advert and we will get back to you ASAP.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted