Our client a leading manufacturer are looking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join their successful team based at their site in Blackwood.This is...
Our client a leading Manufacturing company are looking to recruit an experienced Shift Maintenance Engineer with an Electrical Bias.
The role of the Shift Engineer provides an effective maintenance service to ensure that all machinery, plant, equipment, site structures, car parks, utilities and landscapes are, at all times, in good working order and of a high standard of repair. You will support production by resolving breakdowns and delivering planned maintenance. You will also drive improvement across the site in terms of machinery, hygiene, quality, and performance.
- To maintain all plant, machinery and equipment so as to ensure complete availability to meet production demands at all times.
- To run and control daily maintenance of all machinery and equipment within set budgets. This will include breakdowns and preventative maintenance, keeping accurate maintenance logs and records.
- Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised. Always endeavour to reduce downtime of site plant and machinery.
- Carrying out maintenance in Low Risk, High Care and High Risk environments, always adhering to Technical procedures and Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP)
- To ensure that all machinery and equipment complies with the Health and Safety regulations and that all maintenance in carried out using Safe Systems of Work.
- To keep an inventory of spares on site and to maintain a stock at a reasonable limit and within budget.
- To liaise effectively with, and supervise all external maintenance contractors and ensure that they follow Hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
- In conjunction with the Engineering Manager evaluate any new machinery or equipment to assess suitability and cost.
- In conjunction with the development teams assess any changes to plant machinery or equipment, which will allow for improvements in quality, scope, and profitability of the product portfolio.
- Carry out regular and routine site checks including plant rooms, all site structures, car parks and landscape to assess for damage. Carry out routine repairs to the same or if necessary arrange for the work to be carried out be an approved outside contractor.
- Improve OEE
The successful Candidate:
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience.
- Relevant HNC/ONC Qualification or apprenticeship
- Experience of PLC, Refrigeration, Control Voltages, 3 Phase Distribution.
- Multi-skilled with formal engineering qualification to NVQ Level 3 or higher, in an electrical or mechanical subject.
- Must be PC literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communicator bother verbally and written.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety.
- Flexible, Team player, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to control and explain budget information.
- Experience working in Food Manufacturing or similar environment highly desirable
- Bias towards electrical engineering
- Must be able to work a 3 shift pattern
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.