Are you an experienced Health and Safety Manager looking for a new opportunity within the FMCG industry?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company who are experiencing significant growth based in Torfaen.
Salary: £35k - £45k Depending on experience
Reporting to: Site General Manager
- Inspection of working conditions and review of legal regulations and rules of safety and fire protection in the workplace. Keeping relevant parties informed of identified hazards, along with recommendations to address these hazards.
- Investigating the circumstances and causes of accidents at work and fire incidents, developing conclusions arising from the investigations of the causes, as well as the control of the implementation of these measures.
- Record keeping, collection and storage of documentation relating to fire protection, workplace accidents, occupational diseases and suspected cases of such diseases, as well as document retention of test results and measurement of harmful conditions in the workplace.
- Participate in the assessment of occupational risk related to the work performed.
- Liaising with Occupational Health, organising periodic medical examinations for employees and consultation on legal regulations and HSE rules.
- Provide Health & Safety and Fire Protection training, ensuring appropriate adaptation and on-boarding of newly recruited staff.
- Participate in the preparation of plans for the modernisation and development of the company, and formulating proposals to include technical and organisational solutions in these plans to improve health and safety at work and fire protection within the Company.
The successful candidate:
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational health and safety and at least 2 years of relevant work experience or NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational health and safety or University degree and at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety legislation and codes of practice within the food sector is essential.
- A proven track record working in a similar role within the food industry is essential.
- Strong leadership skills and good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborate with others, communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted