Are you an experienced MRP Buyer looking for a new opportunity in the Cardiff area?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a manufacturing company who are the UK's leader within their sector.
Hours: 8am - 4:30pm
- To order stock parts via the companies MRP system and against pre-set minimum and maximum re-order quantities and by supplier system.
- Ensure the purchasing section of the company's method for managing and planning work into the system (contract reviews) are given priority and dealt with within the required time frame.
- Ensure production and scheduling departments are kept informed of any known stock shortages or where delivery date movement effects existing planned production.
- To review overdue purchase orders daily - as priority, proceeding to investigate and resolve causes for lateness with suppliers. Ensure the relating purchase orders are updated with revised delivery dates and comments to provide traceability of revisions made.
- Ensure purchasing inbox is kept up to date through addressing and resolving issues promptly and thoroughly ensuring and unresolvable queries are escalated to Materials Manager for investigation Suppliers, dates, parts, part deliveries, price enquiries, lost deliveries
- To contact suppliers and chase-up delivery dates where accurate delivery dates for pre placed purchase orders has not been advised.
- To carry out price adjustments for stock parts periodically or as and when requested by the Materials Manager and make stock adjustments for discrepancies found.
- To work with the accounts department - periodically/weekly, to resolve purchase related invoice queries.
The successful candidate:
- A proven track record working in a Buying role with the manufacturing sector.
- Conversant with MRP systems
- The ability to interpret and utilise financial data
- Must be a systems driven individual with the ability to build excellent relationships with suppliers in order to meet customer demand
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted