Principal Mechanical Engineer
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join a Global Technologies Company based in the Monmouthshire area.
Salary: £46 - £52k depending on experience plus excellent benefits
- Leading a small team of 3-8 Mechanical Engineers/Designers.
- To evaluate/review client specifications ensuring compliant designs.
- Reviewing Mechanical Engineers process calculations and process flow diagrams, producing P&ID's, sizing calculations, equipment data sheets and process equipment specifications.
- Produce technical appraisals of supplier proposals and designs, preparation of mechanical and hydraulic designs supported by calculations and references.
- Responsible for the Design team in preparation of plant layout drawings including civil construction requirement details, pipework system designs, chemical storage and transfer system arrangements, compressed air treatment systems and pneumatic controls system designs
- Assist in resolving design issues during manufacture, installation, commissioning and operation of products and systems, and liaise with customers with respect to legacy design issues
- To comply with, support and develop the Company Quality Assurance System - BS EN:ISO 9001:2008
The successful candidate:
- Qualified in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Ability to interpret a wide variety of technical instructions presented in diagrammatic form.
- A proven track record working in a Lead Mechanical Engineer role or Principal Mechanical Engineer role previously.
- Experience working with products or systems in the Oil and Gas, Water, petrochemical or marine industry is essential.
- Experience in Electro chlorination packages would be desirable
- Experience with structural steelwork construction and design and pipe & structural steelwork welding methods would be a distinct advantage
This is a fantastic opening with a growing organisation - If you are a Principal Mechanical Engineer and would like to be part of the success story, please do not hesitate to send your CV for immediate consideration to Gemma Atwick
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search