Logistics AdministratorWe are working with an organisation that is a key player in the export of industrial, electric and marine engines. They deal with countries...
Our client a leading manufacturing company is looking to recruit a Transport Planner to join their successful team based at their site in Cardiff.
- Organise the storage and distribution of goods, ensuring that the correct products are delivered to the correct location on time and at a suitable cost.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are always followed.
- Review haulage benchmarking to ensure costings are realistic, Monitor all transport costings and product associate KPI's.
- Ensure all shipments are costed on a weekly basis and distributed correctly to all hauliers.
- Ensure all product is planned and any planning issues are advised to the wider team.
- Ensure knowledge of the ERP system is up to date and training plans are followed.
- Ensure all vehicles are planned according to the best possible price and haulage option.
- Complete customer confirmation when planning, ensuring the delivery requirements are correct.
- Improve journey times and connections, to tackle congestion and the lack of integration and connections in transport which impact on high-level objectives for economic growth, social inclusion, integration and safety.
- Building relationships and improving customer service.
- Ensure all export product is correctly planned and paperwork is provided quickly.
- Ensure all paperwork is correct for loading teams
- Confirmation of all deliveries whilst planning and ensuring follow ups are actioned.
The successful candidate:
- A logistical and systematic approach to work
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions.
- IT Literate
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as individually.
- Must have previous experience with ERP systems, SAP would be an advantage.
- Experience building loads as well as planning is essential.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.