Senior Health and Safety Auditor.
Salary £40,000 - £44,000
Our client is a well-known, high profile, organisation who work in the civils sector. They are currently looking for a Senior Health and Safety Auditor to join the team in Manchester. Their work extends across all of England and there will be travel associated with this role, approx. 30% of the time.
- Perform a range of H&S risk based audits. This includes looking at organisational and supplier activities and the overall management of safety and wellbeing.
- Work in line with Health & Safety and environmental legislation.
- Use a mind-set of continuous improvement to identify points for practical recommendations and influence change. This will include working closely with senior members of the organisation, including directors and the executive board.
- Ensure that proposed actions allow for the business to still deliver on their three main imperatives - safety, delivery and customer service.
- Prepare suitable audit reports and recommendations and ensure that improvements can be made to governance, risk management and internal control.
- Follow up on all remedial actions, ensuring that any undertakings are made in a timely manner, particularly where findings relate to a breach of statutory provisions.
- Experience of delivering audits and close out actions in construction and/or high risk environments, for example, COMAH sites, petrochemical, pharma, utilities, aviation or rail. (Essential)
- Graduate membership of a health and safety professional body, e.g. GradIOSH or MIIRSM (Essential)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. In addition, Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015 (Essential)
- Good understanding of the Environmental Protection Act 1990
- Experience of writing reports and recommendations, and delivering them to a range of stakeholders including senior management teams/director/executive board.
- £40000 - £44000 (DOE)
- Excellent pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 31 with service.
- Lots of progression opportunities
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that can offer long term career prospects and an extremely stable environment. For further information, please contact Steph Hughes on 02920 731187 or send your CV for immediate consideration.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.