HV Authorised Person
A tremendous opportunity to join a global renewable energy company has arisen for a proven HV Authorised Person, which is for a permanent / staff position in the UK. The HV Authorised Person must be able to demonstrate experience in overhead and underground networks, including switchgear installations, and authorisations upto 132kv/66kv or 33kv.
The HV Authorised Person's role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Plan and oversee non-scheduled HV Corrective Maintenance activities
- Carry out non-scheduled HV Corrective Maintenance activities
- Keep records of the scheduled/non-scheduled HV activities
- Manage and provide hands on assistance with the delivery of maintenance activities.
- Keep HV equipment maintenance logs performed by themselves or other HV contractors
- Provide leadership to all APs on all matters relating to the safe system of work
- Manage succession training of prospective AP's including creating training and development plans, and continuous mentoring
- Maintaining the Safe Systems of Work (Functional responsibility for all AP's)
- To liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure the role of AP is undertaken consistently and offer assistance where required
- Ensure electrical safety across the sites, during HV or other electrical works
- Provide HV operator activities and tasks on behalf of my Client
- Ensure HV locking policy across sites is the suitable one and according to the H&S regulations
- Ensure compliance of the HV activities with local rules and regulations
- Assist in developing new HV maintenance procedures where necessary
- Identify resources to perform HV Maintenance activities if necessary (specialized companies, supplier, etc.)
- Keep electronic backup of all the HV activities
- Conduct and review point of work risk assessments on operational sites.
- Liaise with Project Managers on resource needs for network shutdown projects.
- Pre-visit switching locations prior to switching schedule submission.
- Submit switching schedules in accordance with pre-agreed project programs.
- Achieve safety from the system and issue of safety documents in accordance with specific Authorisation levels and client DSR's.
- Promote a positive HS&E culture whilst recommending new initiatives for continuous improvement.
- To identify improvement of activities and training needs and give feedback of findings to senior managers and directors.
- Attend and actively contribute to the Health & Safety Initiatives.
- Attendance in emergency fault situations
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
The HV Authorised Person will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering / HV AP Certified
- 4+ years' experience as a HV AP on both OH and UG networks, including switchgear installations
- HV AP authorisations up to 132kv/66kv or 33kv
- Preferably 3+ years proven track record in supervising engineers (HV AP engineers or O&M) within industry projects, with experience in renewable energy being a distinct advantage
- Preferably experience in classic automation and HV switchgear's relays multi line diagrams
- 18th Edition Certificate preferred
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- SMSTS or IOSH or other equivalent or higher H&S Certificate (NEBOSH)
- First aider certificate
- Awareness of electrical safety rules and competency to prepare electrical safety rules
- Full clean driving licence
- Must be legally entitled to work in the UK
With a competitive salary on offer, a strong pipeline of work and great prospects this is an ideal time to join my prestigious Client.
HV Authorised Person - Apply Now!
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search