A tremendous opportunity to join a global renewable energy company has arisen for a proven HV Authorised Person which is for a permanent / staff position in the East Midlands, UK. The Authorised Person must be able to demonstrate experience in overhead and underground networks, including switchgear installations, and authorisations upto 132kv/66kv or 33kv.
Your role will involve, but not be limited to:
- Plan and oversee non-scheduled HV Corrective Maintenance activities
- Carry out non-scheduled HV Corrective Maintenance activities
- Keep records of the scheduled/non-scheduled HV activities
- Manage and provide hands on assistance with the delivery of maintenance activities.
- Keep HV equipment maintenance logs performed by themselves or other HV contractors
- Provide leadership to all APs on all matters relating to the safe system of work
- Manage succession training of prospective AP's including creating training and development plans, and continuous mentoring
- Maintaining the Safe Systems of Work (Functional responsibility for all AP's)
- To liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure the role of AP is undertaken consistently and offer assistance where required
- Ensure electrical safety across the sites, during HV or other electrical works
- Provide HV operator activities and tasks on behalf of my Client
- Ensure HV locking policy across sites is the suitable one and according to the H&S regulations
- Ensure compliance of the HV activities with local rules and regulations
- Assist in developing new HV maintenance procedures where necessary
- Identify resources to perform HV Maintenance activities if necessary (specialized companies, supplier, etc.)
- Keep electronic backup of all the HV activities
- Conduct and review point of work risk assessments on operational sites.
- Liaise with Project Managers on resource needs for network shutdown projects.
- Pre-visit switching locations prior to switching schedule submission.
- Submit switching schedules in accordance with pre-agreed project programs.
- Achieve safety from the system and issue of safety documents in accordance with specific Authorisation levels and client DSR's.
- Promote a positive HS&E culture whilst recommending new initiatives for continuous improvement.
- To identify improvement of activities and training needs and give feedback of findings to senior managers and directors.
- Attend and actively contribute to the Health & Safety Initiatives.
- Attendance in emergency fault situations
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or HV AP Certified
- 4+ years' experience as a HV AP on both OH and UG networks, including switchgear installations
- HV AP authorisations up to 132kv/66kv or 33kv
- 3+ years proven track record in supervising engineers (HV AP engineers or O&M) within industry projects would be a distinct advantage, with experience in renewable energy being preferred
- Experience in classic automation and HV switchgear's relays multi line diagrams is preferred
- 18th Edition Certificate preferred
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- SMSTS or IOSH or other equivalent or higher H&S Certificate (NEBOSH)
- First aider certificate
- Awareness of electrical safety rules and competency to prepare electrical safety rules
- Full clean driving licence
- Must be legally entitled to work in the UK
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search