Multi Skilled Technician (Handyperson)Carbon60 are recruiting for a Multi Skilled Technician, to work at a static site based in Plymouth. This is an office building...
As a result of our client's success and growth, they have an exciting opportunity for a Scaffold Design Engineer to join their operations team in Renfrew.
You will have the opportunity to continually work on a wide variety of historic and new construction as well as iconic UK-based projects whilst earning a competitive salary. If you have scaffolding design experience and are willing to travel this is the role is for you.
- On a day to day basis you will be responsible for concept and detailed design of scaffold, layouts in accordance with local codes, legload and all applicable loading calculations, compilation of materials lists and liaising with the clients/other engineers.
- Duties include production of calculation and drawings, checking designs by other members of the team and external contractors.
- Ability to work on a number of infrastructure and legacy projects based across the UK
- Accustomed to designing scaffold in accordance with UK Legislation.
- Wide ranging knowledge of proprietary temporary works systems
- Highly experienced in using AutoCAD to produce drawings
- Producing temporary works designs, calculations, associated drawings and risk assessments to tight deadlines
- Producing a wide range of temporary works designs for multiple projects
- Formwork, falsework & scaffolding
- Maintenance of internal design related files and folders (electronic and hard copy)
- Manage daily activitiesThe successful candidate will perform conventional and moderately-complex engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within the Civil/Structural engineering discipline. The successful candidate will assist with designing concrete formwork, shoring and scaffold systems.
- BS in Civil Engineering with a Structural emphasis is required
- An ideal minimum of 5 years' experience working in the scaffolding industry in UK or temporary works design and can hit the ground running
- Experience in AutoCAD and Solid Works software programs
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.