Logistics Administrator GloucesterPosition Summary Reporting to the Logistics Manager, this role will involve supporting the day to day operations within the Logistics department.Essential Duties and...
Interested in working as IT Support for an Aerospace and Defence Company, this may be the role for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join our team as a Ground Support Systems Technician. You will be based in Brize Norton at the RAF base, providing onsite support to the customer.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide local expertise to MOD in order to advise the customer in all activities relevant to GSD support and operation.
- Provide guidance to the personnel in the usage of the MDS.
- Ensure GSD and MDS systems support on-site according to contractual obligations towards MOD.
- Support RAF personnel in the loading of reference data (e.g. load new aircraft data at each new aircraft delivery).
- Ensure communication and queries are correctly tracked through Military Help-Desk (AMTAC).
- Create an appropriate query/answer catalogue for the more frequent issues.
- Familiar with maintenance and troubleshooting of tools such as Aircraft ground support system tools.
- Good knowledge of Hardware maintenance level 1 for enterprise systems.
- Working knowledge of; shell scripting; enterprise backup principals/software; VMware; Vsphere; installation/configuration of virtual systems.
- Software development experience, with the ability to test and implement solutions.
- Ability to test and debug data base languages including ORACLE, access - including database performance tuning, problem solving, data base management
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.