Mechanical Design EngineerOur client is currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work from their South Wales based site on contract basis.This position will...
Carbon60 are currently looking to recruit a Design Coordinator for staff role based in Aberdeen for a large civil/marine project.
- Provide support and advice to the Design Manager.
- To lead and manage design activities with the Designers.
- Ensure that the design deliverables meet the construction and design programme.
- Engage with the cat III checker to ensure that the design deliverables are reviewed by the checkers on time and comments addressed by the Designer as required.
- Coordination of design activities between the Designer, Cat III and any other relevant party.
- Monitoring of design activities carried out by the Design Consultant and associated checking activities to ensure compliance with the Contract programme
- Ensuring that Permanent Works design within a specific Discipline is carried out in compliance with the requirements of the Contract and the requirements of the Contractor
- Coordination of design with the Design Consultant(s), Checker, Road Safety Auditor and 3rd Party Consultation Coordinators and Dragados engineering and construction Departments as necessary
- Review of design prior to submission for review (to checkers, 3rd parties and the Client (Project Manager)
- Ensuring that Design Certificates, Design Checking Certificates, Road Safety Audit Certificates and Consultation Certificates are provided and included in submission packages to the Client (Project Manager) as necessary
- Ensuring that changes proposed by the construction team or identified by the Designers or Engineering team are assessed and recorded previously to a change instruction.
- IT literate, especially with Microsoft Excel, Word, and CAD.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Structural background required.
- Marine knowledge is preferable but not necessary.
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations, Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and other relevant legislation.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.