Due to continued growth and an expanding team, our client based Chorley is currently seeking a time served Mechanical Design Engineer. you will be responsible...
Our client specialise in leading structural monitoring and specialist testing solutions. Due to continued growth and an expanding team, we are currently seeking a highly skilled Project Engineer.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the delivery of customer structural instrumentation / monitoring projects, in-situ product testing and environmental monitoring projects.
- Ensure projects are carried out safely: risks are appropriately managed and minimised. Ensure all staff and subcontractors are working safely, legally and to applicable site regulations.
- Ensure appropriate quality standards are maintained.
- Responsible for bid, design and installation, customer interface, commissioning, close out, invoicing and ongoing data monitoring and maintenance etc.
- Happy to lead from the front with practical hands-on installation activity as required on client sites.
- Preparation of client documentation and drawings.
- Ensure all projects are logged with CRM. Spend is tracked closely on a daily and weekly basis and flag up potential overspends immediately. Provide monthly updates of costs, invoicing etc.
- Purchasing and scheduling of materials as necessary in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Organisation of resources, where applicable sub-contract installation, panel building etc.
- Where applicable, management of team. Maintain the welfare, control and development of staff. Management of sub-contract staff. Close control of productivity, hours used and overtime.
- Keep up to date with industry development and technology.
- Work as a team with other engineers, software team, sales staff, planner and project admin/finance support.
- Ensure daily site diaries, ITR's and other records are kept up to date. Ensure all project documentation is organised in a logical sequence in shared file structure.
- Ensure project activity keeps to the agreed specification, and potential variations are captured and negotiated.
- Up sell on site: where possible sell extensions to system, and other company services.
- Ensure effective project handovers take place from sales to operational team and on to data team as appropriate.
- Own the customer interface & experience: Ensure customers get great service: as required ensure follow-ups / warranty work is done and issues are resolved satisfactorily in a timely manner. Where not possible, ensure work is passed to others.
- As required, perform customer sales visits, to sell company capability / technical support. Follow up with existing customers to check happy and seek potential further work.
- Self-development: follow defined development plan, achieve professional accreditation, seek out development opportunities to broaden and deepen experience to enable specification, design and execution of bigger and more complex projects and develop commercial skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience of instrumentation projects.
- Engineering degree.
- Practical hands on engineering and installation skills.
- Confident with multi-disciplinary Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic/Software/Civil engineering activity.
- Permanent Opportunity
- £35K to £45K depending on experience
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.