A top regional Main Contractor based in Humberside are looking to add a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to their team.
A great opportunity to join a business who pride themselves on how they treat their staff and provide them with the opportunities to progress their careers within the business.
Based in Hull and working on projects right across the region across a variety of sectors including; Education, Commercial, Offices, Residential and Health-care. Typical project values are up to £10m and include both new build and refurbishments.
This is an established business who are focused on growing their footprint in Humberside. To be considered for this role, you will have ideally completed a degree in Quantity Surveying or currently finishing your last year. A good background knowledge of the Construction Industry is essential. You must be a hardworking, driven individual with the determination to develop and succeed. You should also have good organisational skills and computer literate (in particular with Microsoft Excel / Word and Outlook for emails. A full clean Driving Licence is essential.
- Assist negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected at all times.
- Assist in issuing sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Preparation and assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI's.
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that legislation are met.
On offer is a highly competitive salary and package and the chance to work in an environment where you are well respected and given the opportunity to continue to develop and progress in your career
To apply please attach a copy of your CV directly to this ad or send direct to me: Jamie.Miller@carbon60global.co.uk. I can be contacted at the Manchester office on 0161 873 7000 to discuss the role.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.