I am looking for a dynamic and experienced development and planning manager capable of site assembly and necessary co-ordination of consultant team to deliver planning...
Our Client are a Leisure Design and Build Specialist fit out and refurbishment contractor and are looking to recruit a Junior/ Trainee Planner to support their highly motivated busy team.This business-critical role will appeal to an ambitious individual who really wants to make a mark within a small and dynamic team with huge growth potential and an already admirable reputation and track record.
SPECIFIC CORE FUNCTIONS:
* Assist in the preparing, in conjunction with CPM, Site manager and tender team, the optimum working programme to meet project objectives covering design, resourcing, procurement & cashflow, enabling, construction, commissioning, handover, client key dates as appropriate* Capturing metrics, key dates and reporting progress* Contributing to the capturing of project risks and proposing mitigating actions* Communicating with other disciplines within production teams to ensure they are aware of their roles in meeting the programme* Supporting the meeting/ communicating with supply chain specialists to confirm suitable method and programme for scope given project specific constraints* Understands and summarize (with guidance) the impact of delays (complicated project with many links and paths)* Participate in development of detailed programmes for specific project areas
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* HNC or Degree in Engineering or Construction related subject* 2-3 years in building / construction industry general experience* A current UK driving license is essential
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Experience on a live project* Engineering or building background* Attention to detail & accuracy is essential* Hard work-ethic, Drive, energy and self-motivation* Adaptability and flexibility* Sound financial awareness* A good standard of IT skills (to include Microsoft office and hands on experience on Asta Powerproject or MS Projects)* The ability to plan workload and to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work flexibly;* Ability to work under pressure;* A proactive ability to work on an individual and team basis;* Smart, presentable & self-assured with a confident telephone manner;* Logical with good attention to detail & prioritisation skills;* Self-motivation with a willingness to learn & develop the role;* Sense of humour;* Self-management.
The post holder will:* Contribute to the successful overall performance of the firm.* Create and maintain effective partnerships/relationships with colleagues, clients and Supplier/ Subcons.* Develop and support the culture of collaboration and commitment to delivering quality services and outcomes.* Comply with the principles and standards set out by the firm.
SHARED CORE FUNCTIONS:
* Proactively and positively contribute to the achievement of deliverables through individual and team efforts.* Build and sustain effective communications with other teams.* Contribute to the development of a pro-active and modern firm that meets the needs of the service.* Work effectively within a complex and changing environment.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this document are indicative and may vary over time.
Job holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the role.
* Competitive Salary (depending on experience)* 23 days holiday (plus BH)* Healthcare with Vitality Health* Auto Enrolment Pension
If you would be interested in this position and would like to be considered, please click apply or contact Amber @ Carbon60 on: 01329 227 063
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.