Site Supervisor SSSTS Trained West Midlands 8:00 5:00 Monday Friday The company is a UK award-winning demolition company providing a comprehensive range of specialist...
Carbon60 Birmingham are currently recruiting for a Care Taker / Assistant Site Manager for a cluster of schools within Rowley Regis, B65.
This role has an immediate start and offers a TTP contract following a 12 week employment through out agency.
Please read the full job description below for more information or call Laurie on 07443233063
The Care Taker / Janitor will be directly responsible to the Site Manager for the effective and efficient delivery of services within the school, undertaking maintenance tasks including decorating and basic plumbing.
To provide a comprehensive care taking service at the school to ensure school needs and contract requirements are fully met. To contribute to the creation of a high quality learning environment for pupils and staff that is clean, well maintained, safe and secure.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a security check upon appointment.
- To be a key holder of the site
- Ensure effective day to day running of the area under your responsibility
- To undertake reactive and planned preventative maintenance (PPM) as per schedules
- To undertake cleaning duties throughout the day to an agreed specification
- To maintain the external areas are kept clean and tidy and to sweep and tidy during the period of the day
- To ensure adequate stock of cleaning materials and maintenance consumables is held at site, using a system of stock control
- Ensure corridors and fire exits are kept clear of any obstacles and report any defects
- Assist in conjunction with the school staff the holding of fire drills as required with the Site Manager
- Ensure that all chemicals are stored in accordance with COSHH regulations
- To report any/all repairs to the Interserve helpdesk and follow up/close down accordingly
- To be able to move furniture as required maintaining good working practices are followedTo load and unload as required
- To maintain a good working and safe environment
- To maintain records to evidence compliance in both statutory obligations and processes
- To ensure that all relevant equipment is correctly utilised and maintained
- To attend training as required
- To wear the correct uniform and PPE and display an issued ID
- Ensure regular checks are made of the equipment and machines provided for use during your hours of duty and to report any defect to your Line Manager
- To work at other sites across the contract in relation to service demands when necessary
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in
- Challenge unknown persons on site and escort off site any unauthorised persons
- Carry out any adhoc duties deemed necessary by Management to fulfil the school and contract requirements
What we are looking for
- Good basic education, with good written and spoken English and basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Team player with a flexible and adaptable approach, able to work on own initiative when required.
- General maintenance ability including basic plumbing, wood work and decoration.
- Customer service focus.
- COSHH, IOSH, PASMA, IPAF, WAH training.Formal qualification in electrics, plumbing or building etc.
- Experience in similar role or environment.
- Subcontractor Management experience.
- PFI project with 20 years remaining
- Hours worked per week - 37.5 hours/wk
- Number of direct reports if applicable - NASite Team consists of 1 Site Manager and 3 Assistants
- Compliance requirements. Enhanced DBS essential
- Shift pattern/Shift details - Varies between 0630hrs - 1900hrs
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.