Carbon60 Birmingham are currently recruiting for an electrical engineer to work within the educational sector.Job PurposeTo ensure all aspects of mechanical and electrical systems are...
Carbon60 Birmingham are currently recruiting for a Care Taker / Assistant Site Manager for a cluster of schools within Rowley Regis, B65.
This role has an immediate start and offers a TTP contract following a 12 week employment through out agency.
Please read the full job description paying close attention to the pre screening questions below for more information or call Laurie on 07443233063
The Care Taker / Janitor will be directly responsible to the Site Manager for the effective and efficient delivery of services within the school, undertaking maintenance tasks including decorating and basic plumbing.
To provide a comprehensive care taking service at the school to ensure school needs and contract requirements are fully met. To contribute to the creation of a high quality learning environment for pupils and staff that is clean, well maintained, safe and secure.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a security check upon appointment.
- To be a key holder of the site
- Ensure effective day to day running of the area under your responsibility
- To undertake reactive and planned preventative maintenance (PPM) as per schedules
- To undertake cleaning duties throughout the day to an agreed specification
- To maintain the external areas are kept clean and tidy and to sweep and tidy during the period of the day
- To ensure adequate stock of cleaning materials and maintenance consumables is held at site, using a system of stock control
- Ensure corridors and fire exits are kept clear of any obstacles and report any defects
- Assist in conjunction with the school staff the holding of fire drills as required with the Site Manager
- Ensure that all chemicals are stored in accordance with COSHH regulations
- To report any/all repairs to the Interserve helpdesk and follow up/close down accordingly
- To be able to move furniture as required maintaining good working practices are followedTo load and unload as required
- To maintain a good working and safe environment
- To maintain records to evidence compliance in both statutory obligations and processes
- To ensure that all relevant equipment is correctly utilised and maintained
- To attend training as required
- To wear the correct uniform and PPE and display an issued ID
- Ensure regular checks are made of the equipment and machines provided for use during your hours of duty and to report any defect to your Line Manager
- To work at other sites across the contract in relation to service demands when necessary
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in
- Challenge unknown persons on site and escort off site any unauthorised persons
- Carry out any adhoc duties deemed necessary by Management to fulfil the school and contract requirements
What we are looking for
- Good basic education, with good written and spoken English and basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Team player with a flexible and adaptable approach, able to work on own initiative when required.
- General maintenance ability including basic plumbing, wood work and decoration.
- Customer service focus.
- COSHH, IOSH, PASMA, IPAF, WAH training.Formal qualification in electrics, plumbing or building etc.
- Experience in similar role or environment.
- Subcontractor Management experience.
- PFI project with 20 years remaining
- Hours worked per week - 37.5 hours/wk
- Number of direct reports if applicable - NASite Team consists of 1 Site Manager and 3 Assistants
- Compliance requirements. Enhanced DBS essential
- Shift pattern/Shift details - Varies between 0630hrs - 1900hrs
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.