Industrial Cleaner with CCNSG card and good previous industrial cleaning experience required for long term industrial cleaner job at TATA steelworks in Port Talbot.Long term...
To provide planning and programming input into projects within the region at prequalification, tender and contract stage through the development of accurate methodologies and sequences. Develop meaningful Phase plans, stage drawings and written methodologies to meet the projects contractual requirements. The role will suited an existing planner or site manager transitioning into planning and has room for future development to a senior position.
The role will cover the South Wales region and could be based anywhere in the region, either on one of our live projects or based from our Swansea office. Flexibility on location and willingness to travel is essential for this role.
- Preparing preconstruction/tender programmes, method statements phasing drawings and other supporting information in support of tenders
- Provide planning and programming input into prequalification's and bids which will involve developing the construction methodology
- Liaising with bid managers, estimators, designers, temporary works department and specialist subcontractors as necessary to develop accurate programmes
- Preparing presentation material using PowerPoint, Sketch-Up, Paint or similar and presenting our construction proposals at interview;
- Develop 4D planning opportunities
- At contract stage work with the site teams to develop the detailed construction, design and procurement programmes and other supporting information required to meet our contractual requirements
- Provide support to site teams to review progress or update programmes and report as necessary
- To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Keen interest in and a good knowledge of building, civil engineering, general construction and refurbishment techniques and methodology; Suitable level of safety training and hold an appropriate CSCS card;
- Ability to absorb and assimilate project information quickly and to demonstrate clarity of thought in developing and presenting solutions;
- An ability to think laterally and apply innovative solutions
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload but must also be able to work effectively as part of a team;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Be able to communicate articulately with colleges as well as with clients, industry professionals and suppliers outside the company;
- Capable of preparing programmes using one or more of the project management software packages in use in the company e.g. Power-project, Microsoft Project, Primavera;
- demonstrate a good working knowledge of NEC and JCT Compliant Programmes
- Have the ability to baseline and Reschedule Monthly reports
- An understanding of the design and procurement process and an awareness of contractual matters
- demonstrate experience of early contract involvement
- Site experience (desirable)
- Lean programming skills (desirable)
- A understanding of Bim and 4d planning (desirable)
- Familiarity with the standard Microsoft Office suite of software (particularly Word, Excel and Power-point)
- A proven ability to develop logical and economical construction sequences together with associated supporting documentation.
- The ability to demonstrate previous examples of innovating project experience where solution have benefited the project will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Asta Powerproject
- Understanding of Temporary works processes
- Understanding of TG20 scaffolding procedures and ability to prepare scaffold schedules
- Qualified to HND/Degree Level
- Membership of a professional body e.g. CIOB or ICE is encouraged (desirable)
- CSCS Card - Appropriate Level
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.